Benefits

For children to be able to access their curriculum, they must first be able to concentrate.

According to data collected before and after Parent Gym, children whose parents take part have less conduct problems following the programme, they behave in a less hyperactive way and also have less problems with others.

Ofsted (The Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills) take pupils’ attendance and behaviour into account when considering the overall effectiveness of a school, and parents can play a large part in this.

In the Framework of 2009 there are specific standards relating to parents:

  • The effectiveness of the school’s engagement with parents and carers
  • The effectiveness of partnerships in promoting learning and well-being
  • The effectiveness with which the school promotes community cohesion

Paul Voural, Headteacher

“Schools make roughly only 20% of the impact on children’s total life chances, the other 80% is made by parents and the outside world so parents need to realise that they have a real role and real responsibility in the development and the learning of their children. So this all seemed to fit the bill: the way that you came in, the way that you spoke to parents in assembly, the positive response – it’s all been absolutely fantastic and it’s been far better than we could ever have imagined.”

Rosie Compton, Headteacher, Tower Bridge School

“Successful schools and organisations are based on relationships. Good relationships enable the partnerships we have with families and our wider local community to flourish. Parent Gym has decreased isolation: the first group continued to meet over the summer as they had become friends – the friendships continue to grow.”

Rosie Compton, Headteacher -Benefits

Rosie Compton, Headteacher R.Trow

Paul Voural, Headteacher -Benefits

Paul Voural, Headteacher