To offer Parent Gym in your school all you will need is...
- 20 parents who commit to coming to all the sessions
- A space for 20 chairs to be arranged in a semi-circle (preferably with some coffee and tea provided)
- A person who is fully committed to support the programme, such as a School-Home Support worker
- An enthusiastic Head or Deputy who goes out of their way to promote Parent Gym to parents
- A commitment to assist with the evaluation process
We never ask for any payment from schools or parents, but if you want to provide a small incentive for parents to come (such as a raffle or a gift voucher), that will do no harm.
We currently only offer Parent Gym to the schools located in the lowest 30% of the Income Deprivation Affecting Children Index (IDACI). This is a tool used widely to analyse patterns of deprivation and cover a range of economic, social and housing issues.
To find out if your school is eligible