The ideal Parent Gym coach
- Is a Mum or Dad with kids over 3 years old.
- Has some teaching, coaching or group facilitation experience.
- Has worked as a team leader/manager or more senior.
- Has a keen interest in helping other parents learn useful skills and feel more confident.
- Is currently either not working/ working part time/ is an independent consultant and so is able to commit to delivering a session for free one morning a week on the same day for 10 consecutive weeks (with a break for half term). OR has the support of their employer to take time off as part of the commitment to the community
- Has empathy, confidence and relates well to people from different socio-economic backgrounds.
- Has a facilitative style.
Typical candidates will be
- Parent returning to work.
- Parent wanting to upgrade their presentation & facilitation skills.
- Parent looking for a career change.
- Parent wishing to give something back.
- Parents taking masters or PhD in counselling who need to gain practical experience.
Parent Gym coaches facilitate sessions on a pro-bono basis. All travel costs and necessary expenses will be reimbursed.
Following a three-day academy of training, we ask our coaches to commit to running a two-hour session once a week for at least one term, for either one nine-week programme or two five-week programmes.