The ideal Parent Gym coach
- Is a Mum or Dad with kids over 3 years old.
- Has some teaching, coaching or group facilitation experience.
- Has worked in a leadership role.
- Has a keen interest in helping other parents learn useful skills and feel more confident.
- Is currently either not working/ working part time/ is an independent consultant and so is able to commit to delivering a session for free one morning a week on the same day for seven consecutive weeks (during term time). OR has the support of their employer to take time off as part of the commitment to the community
- Has empathy, confidence and relates well to people from different socio-economic backgrounds.
- Has a facilitative style.
Typical candidates will be
- Parent returning to work.
- Parent wanting to upgrade their presentation & facilitation skills.
- Parent looking for a career change.
- Parent wishing to give something back.
- Parents taking a Master's or PhD in counselling, coaching or teaching, who need to gain practical experience.
Parent Gym coaches facilitate sessions on a pro-bono basis. All travel costs and necessary expenses will be reimbursed.
Following a three-day academy of training, we ask our coaches to commit to running a two-hour session once a week for at least one term, for at least two six-week programmes.